VidCard is an online platform to create, send, distribute and receive custom digital messages and videos (collectively “Messages”). Our products and services (“Services”) provide hosts with online tools to create and distribute Messages and provide recipients with ability to communicate their response. Our Service may also integrate or otherwise link to products and services offered by third parties. Such third party products and services may be subject to the additional and/or alternate terms and conditions and privacy policies of the third party providers.
Personal Data That We Collect
When you interact with our Application, we collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”).
Personal Data You Give Us
Sender: When you register to use the Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including your name, email address, and username. We may also collect additional information that you elect to provide, such as birthday, gender, zip code or similar information. If you register for an account by logging-in using your social media account (including Facebook), the information we get from these accounts depends on your settings and the privacy policies of the social media platforms, so please check those policies to understand the privacy practices of those platforms.
The Services allow you to create a Message, and send it to Recipients through the Services via e-mail, or to distribute it by a third-party service via a link to the Message, including by SMS, e-mail or posting it publicly on social media.
When you use the Services, you may provide Personal Data including your name, e-mail address, phone number, your address book, messaging with Recipients, photos (including tagging people in photos), gifs, video, graphics or other user content (collectively “User Content”) which we will collect and store for use in connection with the Services. You may receive real-time e-mail or push notifications of certain actions Recipients have taken. You can go to your account settings on the Application, and determine what, if any, real-time e-mails and push notifications you want to receive including comments, photos, and private messages.
Recipient: You may receive a Message via e-mail sent from the Services, or by any method as may be made available from time to time by VidCard. In any case, you may respond to the Message.
If you open an e-mailed Message, you agree to receive that Message and any associated communications.
If you click on a Message link and voluntarily respond by giving us your Personal Data, including your name and e-mail address, your name will be added to the Sender’s recipient list.
In either case, we will collect and store your data for use in connection with the Service. If you do not have a registered account, Think Mixer may store the data associated with your e-mail address, or other identifier, and if you register for an account in the future, we will populate your event history in your account dashboard.
When you respond to an event though the Service, you may voluntarily provide Personal Data in messaging Senders and other Recipients, and/or posting publicly including photos, gifs, video, or other User Content which we will collect and store for use in connection with the Services.
You may receive real-time e-mail or push notifications of certain actions Senders and other Recipients have taken on the Message page. You may go to account settings on the Site (if you have registered for a VidCard account), and determine what, if any, real-time e-mail and push notifications you want to receive including comments, photos, and private messages. If you do not have a VidCard account, you may contact us to suppress e-mail and push notifications.
Automatically Collected Data: When you use the Services, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information (“log data”) that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site, or that the Application automatically send when you use them. Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Services. Your geographic location determines which Services, disclosures, features, and third party content will be available to you.
- Device information: Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example this includes whether greeting card, or marketing e-mails have been opened and acted upon.
How We Use Data
We use the data we collect, described above:
- To authenticate users, provide the Services, process transactions and respond to your requests. This use is necessary to perform the contract with our Sender, including the Recipient upon responding to the event greeting card.
- As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- To process Recipients’ data in relation to the Services we provide to our Senders, in order to fulfill our contractual commitments to our users.
- To customize the user experience.
- To better understand how visitors interact with our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you, and as part of our efforts to keep our Site, network and information systems secure.
- To conduct analytics to inform our product and marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalize our communications and the experience we offer to our users.
- If you ask us to delete your account and data, or to be removed from our transactional (including greeting cards) and marketing e-mail lists, and we are required to fulfill your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing including receiving any future greeting cards from other VidCard
- We may anonymize, de-identify and/or aggregate the information that we collect and use such anonymized, de-identified and/or aggregated data for commercial, statistical and market research purposes, including sharing it with affiliates, our service providers and business partners.
- To conduct or assist research.
- E-mail Communication: We will send you updates and information about our new products and Services or other promotions by e-mail or push notification. Where required by law, we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so when you register for the Service, or otherwise opt in to receive marketing e-mails in your account settings on the Site, on our preference page, or on our Blog. You can unsubscribe or opt out at any time, via the preference page linked to every e-mail sent through the Services, or in your account settings on the Site. If you opt out to marketing e-mails, we will continue to contact you via e-mail regarding an event greeting card, your VidCard account, and to respond to your requests (“transactional e-mails”).
Your Recipients will not receive marketing e-mails from VidCard, without their prior consent. To be clear, just receiving a greeting card does not constitute consent to marketing e-mails.
Sharing And Disclosure
We share your Personal Data and other information with certain third parties in the following circumstances:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions your Personal Data may be shared with third-party providers of hosting, payment processing, e-mail communication and customer support services, analytics, marketing, advertising. Following our instructions, these parties may access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties for us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of a service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law, applicable regulation or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Thinkmixer, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the Apps, or the public, or (iv) protect Thinkmixer against legal liability.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
California Privacy Disclosures
Publicly Posted Information
Links To Other Websites
We take reasonable administrative and technical steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Think Mixer Ltd.